Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pop health




Slimming, Weightloss, Low Cal, Diet Coke, Atkins Diet, 10 min workouts, tummy trimmer, sauna baths, liposuction, etc etc...What people wouldn't do for the perfect figure.

"Hey Anil, I didn't expect to see you at the gym."
"Been working on that 6 pack. Soon King Khan will be coming to me for advice... ha ha ha... !!!"

"Would you like some cake, dear ?"
"No thanks aunty, got to watch out for those nasty carbs you know..."
"Oh yes dear, I understand"

Ring a Bell? All too familiar snippets of chit chat?

I find that the 'fitness' part is missing for some reason. Somehow trimming down, looking beautiful, muscling up, etc seem to occupy the limelight. And if these primary motives are met maybe you become fit as a spinoff. An added advantage so to say. But, shouldn't all these ethereal things be added advantages from becoming fit. Isn't fitness the driving criteria ?

4 comments:

the bose inc said...

hahaha.. my dad used to force me so much to go and work out.. The so called 'look fit' idea never made sense to me.. but oh yes.. i used to go running to the gym(only the pun intended and not to be taken literally) for the jalebis from the jalebi shop next to it..
probably it was the gym wala's recursive idea of increasing his business.. (have jalebis.. feel you have gained weight and come to the gym for the workout.. feel exhausted, have jalebis and so on... ) but then.. even this idea was senseless in my case... :-)

Kolor said...

@saurabh ...

i would love to do that... eat jalebis and run.. eat more jalebis and run some more.. until the jalebis run out...

Aytidaa Madras said...

u know...u shud talk to me (can't tell you some stuff on a public comment :P)...I don't like it, but I think looking fit can be more important than you think...

Kolor said...

@adidas ...
thats the major irony of it...