Friday, July 18, 2008

All about Rosè



There are many varities of wine. Some sweet, some sour, some just plain brilliant. Rose is one of the varieties and I won't go into how it is made or how it is served or bla bla.. All I want to talk about is my experience with Rose champagne(Champagne is the drink that fizzes all over, Schumaker loves spraying it around). Patra and I had a debate over whether there can be a rose champagne.

Somehow my experience has been limited to Brut and Demi sec which are both White wine varities of Champagne. I proceeded to vehemently argue the case against Rose champagne. Patra was more open minded and raised the intellectually creative question of why a rose variety can't exist. I came back with "If it is indeed possible, somebody would have thought of it". And the issue was laid to rest.

Until I went to the supermarket the other day and saw a row full of Rose champagnes just sitting there. I am the cat and curiosity got the better of me. I remember waking up the next morning expecting to have a terrible hangover, but guess what, Rose and champagne love each other... :) :)

No comments: